Creating cracking content can be a really effective way of increasing sales, saving costs and building loyalty amongst your customers.
Content marketing – as it is called – focuses on creating valuable, relevant and consistent information, to attract and retain your audiences.
Ultimately the aim is to engage them as clients or customers through to helping them solve issues. But content marketing is not an overt product or service pitch, however, it certainly should include a call to action, to help drive sales.
Content can be delivered through developing your own blogs, inviting guests to blog or creating video, PR, online webinars, infographics, motion graphics or podcasts. Developing great material will help to drive traffic to your website, because search engines reward businesses that publish quality, consistent content.
So, here are our top 10 tips:
1. Define and understand your audiences. What topics are your audiences interested in? You could check out the searches people use to visit your website and start designing content around those topics. This should make it easier for them to find your business online and deliver the information they are seeking
2. Clarity. Ensure the content is simple, easy to digest and brief. No droning on
3. Tell a story. People love stories. A great story is what engages audiences. Think about what the story surrounding your content might be.
4. Link. Provide links to credible sources which relate to your content. This creates a richer experience for a reader or viewer. For example, you may be blogging about a recent survey. Link to it! It’s frustrating for a reader who wants to read the survey in full, but can’t access it directly from your post
5. Writing. Even if you’re not the greatest writer, written content is still a great option. A writer can create content for you, cost-effectively, which can engage and inspire your audiences. Take a look at some business blogs on the Growth Business website for some inspiration
6. Headlines. Ensure that you have a headline that packs a punch. You have a short time to make a big impression and lead the reader or viewer to the body of the content
7. Images. Even written content should feature a great image, as people love pictures, too. Here’s one of our articles about images – with an eye-popping image!
8. Promoting content. It’s not enough to simply create content to be featured on your website. You need a strategy for promoting it, to maximise the number of people who will see it. That may mean promoting it through your newsletter or an email to your contacts, social media and creating opportunities for it to be featured on other websites, such as business organisations you know
9. Build on it. Now you’ve started, it is important to keep going to continue to build your audiences and grow loyal customers
10. Keep it. Think carefully before deleting old content as it might still have relevance to someone. Even content which is years old, may still attract new viewers each day
Looking for some advice and support in creating great content? Get in touch . . .
expert : cost-effective : flexible
Ph: 07495 766622